The rules of 50 Pullups Programme are simple:
- Do the test. The result of the test will help you choose a training cycle suitable for your level of fitness.
- Choose a training cycle based on your test results. For example, if you’ve done 7 pullups, you start our programme from the 6-8 cycle. If you’ve done 12, you start from 12-15 cycle, and so on.
- Carry on with the training using the instructions from the given cycle. Remember to rest between training sessions for at least one day, and after 3 sessions for at least 2 days. Muscles don’t like being overworked and if you exaggerate, your power will start to drop insead of rising. Some people will notice that longer rests between training days give them even better results. Remember also that if you’re older, you need more time to regenerate.
- If during a cycle you weren’t able to do all sets of pullups for a given day, don’t worry. Rest for 2 or 3 days and then try again. Every time you do that, your strenght and fitness will rise and eventually you will complete the ‘day” and move to the next.
- After finishing a cycle rest for at least 2 days before you do another test.
- After few days of rest do the test. Remember to warm up before the test and rest for at least 2 afterwards. The test will tell you which cycle to do next. It’s not worth cheating during the test. It’s better to repeat a cycle than start the next one if you aren’t ready yet.
- After a 2 day break start your next training cycle.
- Follow the above instructions until you reach the last cycle (more than 40 pullups). When you reach the last cycle, you will be in a very good shape and you will be able to try to do 50 pullups. But remember – 30 is good enough to keep you fit and well built.
- After finishing the last training cycle take a break, relax for a couple of days and then do the test again. This time there’s a big chance that you will reach 50 pullups. If not, don’t worry. Do the last cycle again, and repeat again. With every repetition your strength and endurance will get higher and finally you will do it – you will do 50 pullups.